Everyone likes open data, government transparency, consumer protections, and life online, but do you ever think about what it costs to make these happen?
- Do you want to learn about potentially deadly food, airplanes, and cars, before you eat, fly, and drive?
- Do you want to redress your grievances in court in front of an impartial judge?
- Do you want to protect your property interests through a public, centralized, and uncorrupt and bribe-free recording repository?
- Do you want the school your child attends to have safe drinking water, and no asbestos or other toxic substances flaking off the walls?
- Do you ever ask, “why won’t they put that online?”
- Do you ever wonder, “why didn’t they tell me?”
- Do you ever ….?
- Do you ever …?
Many thanks to the Connecticut law librarian who brought the State Regulations Online grid to our attention.