There are a number of ways to research Oregon judicial vacancies and candidates and here are a few to start with:
1) The Oregon State Bar Judicial Vacancy website.
2) Oregon Governor’s judicial appointments website.
4) Oregon newspaper and blog searches are useful too, though one has to keep one’s fact-check hat on tight. Judgepedia can be useful, but watch for election updates at official sites, for example the Oregon Secretary of State Elections webpages.
5) How about a little Oregon judicial history?
6) Not unlike some clothes from long ago that have some back into style (bell bottoms!), gubernatorial candidates coming back for a second-chance can bring with them some history (a.k.a. baggage, a concept well known by U.S. Supreme Court Judge nominees).
I was searching Washington County Bar Association newsletters for something else the other day and came across an article in the August/September 1999 issue. It was written by Henry H. Lazenby, Jr., Legal Counsel, Governor’s Office: “Kitzaber’s Approach to Judicial Appointments.”