This story in the Statesman Journal is accompanied by a list of the bills “In the Pipeline,” “Still Brewing,” and “In Limbo or Dead”:
Measure 57 key to ending the 2009 session, Issue keeps budgets of public-safety agencies in limbo, by Peter Wong • Statesman Journal, June 21, 2009.
Landlord-Tenant Law and Legislation:
I was looking earlier today at new laws that could affect landlords and tenants. If you are tracking this current Legislative Session for changes to existing landlord-tenant law, here are some places I’ve found useful:
1) Oregonlive Bill Tracking (by bill number and keyword)
2) Cabell Enterprises (You may recognize the name from the Rental Forum columns in the Oregonian and elsewhere.)
3) Find out which bills the Governor has signed.
4) Read Oregon Laws at the Legislature’s website. The 2009 ORS will not be available until early 2010.
Some other useful Oregon Landlord-Tenant websites:
1) Landlord Study Hall
2) Beaverton Landlord-Tenant Mediation Program (other cities have programs too)
3) Gresham Landlord-Tenant and Rental Inspection Program (see also OLR Blog posts)
4) HUD-Oregon Landlord Tenant Laws