Published on:

Oregon Social Service Safety Nets


I posted here with information about people wanting to know if there were laws prohibiting utilities from turning off power or water (Power to Children and the Poor). In the post and in the comments I made it clear that we sometimes have to become quite assertive when seeking assistance. In addition to the resources in your local community, the ones I listed in the post, there is a statewide clearinghouse to help you locate additional services.

Oregon Safenet (800-723-3638), which is provided by 211Info (just dial 211 on your telephone).

Contact Information