Published on:

Researching Long-Term Adult Care Options


The Jan. 20th, 2008, Oregonian article, by Aimee Green, Check out Adult Care before you Check In, has a useful “Fact Box.” If that “Fact Box” disappears over time, here are the resources listed:

Oregon’s Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman — 503-378-6533 or 800-522-2602 — will look up annual inspection reports for callers.

For information about a home’s complaint history or to make a complaint: Oregon Department of Human Services, 800-232-3020.

Counties also investigate complaints, and completed investigations are public.

Multnomah County: Aging and Disabilities Help Line, 503-988-3646. Files are in the basement office of Adult Protective Services at 4610 S.E. Belmont, Room 10, in Portland.

Clackamas County: Social Services, 503-655-8640. To view an investigative file, call to make an appointment.

Washington County: Adult Protective Services, 503-640-3489. Files are at 133 S.E. Second Avenue in Hillsboro.

Clark County: Adult-care-home complaint line at 800-562-6078. To view files, call 360-397-9550.

Full article, here.

Posted in:
Published on:

Comments are closed.

Contact Information