Published on:

Where Can I Find Oregon Child Support Services?


Public and county law libraries get a lot of questions from people seeking child support services. Questions range from how to track down missing parents, collect overdue support payments, how to determine paternity, etc.

There are a number of resources available to parents. Patience and persistence are key to finding the specific services you need. Here are some places to start your research:

(Note: Web links change often. If the links below do not work, use a search engine and type in the service you need, for example use the words: Oregon child support or Oregon family law facilitator. It is important that you include the name of your state. You can also include the name of your county.)

1) This is often the best place to begin your search: your county’s District Attorneys Office. Check the Oregon Department of Justice directory of services, e.g. Child Support, among others for information, links, and contacts.

* For example, the Washington County (Oregon) has a website that describes the child support services offered through their District Attorney’s office, including information on paternity and enforcement of support orders.

** It includes additional links to State of Oregon Department of Justice, Division of Child Support paternity and other links.

2) You can also contact your County Circuit Court Family Law Facilitator’s Office. They may not offer the specific services you need, but they have the expertise and knowledge to make referrals to relevant community government and nonprofit resources.

* For example, OJD and Washington County (Oregon) Circuit Court Family Law resources.

3) You can also contact Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO). If you don’t have a legal aid office in your community, call any of their offices and ask for a referral to someone in your community.

4) Your Oregon county law library may also have referrals.

5) Many public libraries, in all different sized communities, have directories of community social services. If you don’t have a public library, but do have online access, you can also use L-net, the Oregon Libraries Network, where you can Chat online or email a question. It is staffed by librarians around the state who volunteer their time to help you find answers to your questions. (They can’t answer your legal questions, but they can make referrals.)

6) Call the Oregon 211 Info service for additional referrals.

7) Last, but not least, don’t forget that your state senator or representative is there for you. If you don’t know your legislator, call your local library for direction or use the Oregon Legislature’s Find Your Legislator link at their website.


Regrets: We cannot respond to most legal research questions.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this blog is for research purposes only. We do not provide legal advice, nor do we endorse any person, product, or company.

Disclaimer: It is against state law for library staff members to engage in any conduct that might constitute the unauthorized practice of law (ORS 9.160, 9.166 and 9.21). They may not interpret statutes, cases or regulations, perform legal research, recommend or assist in the preparation of forms, or advise patrons regarding their legal rights. They may, however, assist patrons in locating materials or links that would aid in individual research.

Contact Information