Each Oregon county law library could list its own FAQ (frequently asked questions) referrals, but here are mine:
1) Landlord-tenant law:
a )The Landlord-Tenant info at Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO). Click on Housing for most current brochures and information flyers.
b) The Oregon State Bar Landlord-Tenant webpage and a list of legal aid contacts.
c) Oregon state government website
2) Find Your Legislator (Elected Officials) (from the Oregon Legislature’s website)
4) Washington County Disability, Aging, and Veterans Services (and its counterparts in other counties)
6) Oregon Better Business Bureau
7) Oregon Attorney General, Consumer Protection (and the Oregon Attorney General’s Consumer Complaint Hotline):
“At the Oregon Department of Justice we believe a well informed consumer is less likely to become a victim of consumer fraud. In an effort to provide more resources to Oregon consumers we offer this on-line database of complaints submitted to our Consumer Hotline.
The database of consumer complaints is derived from consumer contacts since January 1, 2008 and is for information only. This database may not offer a completely accurate or comprehensive account of every incident….” (Link to AG website.)
Oregon Attorney General’s Consumer Complaints telephone:
“For consumer-related matters, call the Attorney General’s Consumer Hotline between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
378-4320 from Salem
229-5576 from Portland (toll free)
1-877-877-9392 elsewhere in Oregon (toll free)”
Additional Oregon AG contacts.
8) Other FAQ for legal research resources involve guardianships, third-party adoptions, school law, garnishment, criminal procedure, juvenile rights, and a few others I’ll write about in a future blog post.