Published on:

Where to Report Price Gouging in Oregon


Price gouging and war profiteering are as American as, um, apple pie (English origin, actually, or so they say), not that they (price gouging etc.) don’t exist worldwide as well – and neither requires a war. Sigh.

Reporting Price Gouging Violations to the Oregon Department of Justice:

If you have been charged an excessive price for a product or service under normal circumstances, please file a complaint with the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Hotline by calling 503-378-8442, or using the online Consumer Complaint Form.” [Link to webpage.]

Visit the Oregon Department of Justice, Attorney General Consumer Protection Hotline website for more information.

For what it’s worth: there is also anti-price gouging federal legislation in the works.

Contact Information